MCHENRY JUNIOR WARRIORS
The McHenry Junior Warriors Youth Football Organization, located in McHenry, IL., has been a part of McHenry county since 1965. We are a non-profit travel youth tackle football program for players between the ages of 7-14 still in 8th grade run by parent volunteers.. We offer 5 levels of play with both a Saturday and Sunday program.
We are members of The Chicagoland Youth Football League (TCYFL). Last year we were proud to be 12 teams and 220 players strong. Each and every year we have been able to grow and we thank you for your continued support.
Our goal is to teach each player the fundamentals of football, safety, sportsmanship, character, and teamwork. We take pride in our commitment to you and your child and their safety on and off the field.
Our athletes are taught to exemplify sportsmanship, character and a sense of community, while developing their football skills. We take pride in our commitment to you and your child.
The following list of participant rights summarizes many of the principles of the MTJW Program. Participants in the MTJW program should have the right:
1. To be part of the TEAM.
2. To try out for any position for which they are eligible and the chance to earn a position through efforts and skills put forth at practice and games.
3. To demonstrate the skills learned and developed in game situations.
4. To participate in all games at a position assigned by the coaching staff and in accordance with the rules of TCYFL which MTJW participates.
5. To use equipment capable of protecting the player as intended.
6. To be treated fairly by the coaches, player s, team moms, board members, and parents on and off the field.
ABOUT THE SEASON:
The season begins at the end of July and runs until mid-November. This includes pre-season practice, a 9 week game schedule with practice, and play-offs. Practice is Monday-Friday 5:30pm-7:30pm and games are played on both Saturday and Sunday.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Watch our calendar for upcoming registration dates. Apply in person. Next year we hope to also offer online registration for players and parent volunteers. You can also follow us on Facebook.
The MTJW Board and Coaches thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your child's growth in the world of football.
Enjoy this coming football season with MTJW. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
ABOUT OUR COACHES
1) Coach Certification: USA Football Certification is the preferred method for TCYFL; coaches are required to have active certification from USA, NYSCA, or ASEP. PCA certification is required for all 2014 coaches that did not coach in TCYFL in 2013.
2) Advanced Concussion Training: USA Football certification includes concussion training and meets the 2014 requirement of TCYFL. Advanced Concussion Training is required for coaches with NYSCA or ASEP certification and highly recommended for coaches with USA Football certification.
General Meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month December-July 7pm-8pm at McHenry High School West Campus Library, 4724 W Crystal Lake Rd.
*Please watch the calendar as some dates may change due to scheduling conflicts.
Everyone is welcome and coaches are strongly encouraged to attend. The McHenry Junior Warriors Football General Meetings start at 7pm and generally last no more than 1 hour.
McHenry Junior Warriors Youth Football
P.O. Box 1471
McHenry, IL 60051